Saturday, June 10, 2006

I GOT YELLED AT BY AL MORIN

While trying to mow my yard on Saturday morning (Jun 10th), Al Morin yelled at me, “Why don’t you stop being such a coward and attend the board meetings.” He also said something about “hiding behind my computer”, but I couldn’t understand all of what he said. This display of emotion was choreographed with his wife loudly cackling in the background. I wonder who she was cackling at, me or her husband. I didn't say a word.

Well residents of Point Aquarius, I guess a bunch of us are all cowards according to Al Morin’s definition…none of us attend the POA board meetings. Why should we go? The leadership doesn’t tell us anything because of their penchant for secrecy. We have no rights to speak up when we feel an injustice is occurring. Past attendees tell me the Garden Club boos and hisses when a board member outside of the inner circle attempts to speak. That kind of behavior is just as unprofessional as shouting across the driveway calling me a “coward”.

There are also other libelous comments being posted to the blog by someone. An investigation is under way and those responsible had better be ready for a battle. I would suggest that the writer(s) post a retraction and apology quickly. Any body who knows who did it may become involved too.

As for Al Morin’s remark about “hiding behind my computer”, I say there is no place to hide. In every article I have written, I have encouraged feedback. He never provides any rebuttal of facts presented. Months ago he said I have a big mouth and now he called me a coward. Do you think he likes me? When is he going to explain or clarify the issues I am writing about? The facts I quote come from police reports or the text of their own clubhouse resolution for example. I am not making this stuff up. When are the residents going to get straightforward honest answers instead of secrecy and cover-ups?

I got a very well written email from a resident this morning. She said “It's better to find solution rather than blame.” In most cases I would agree with her, but in this instance I am convinced the only true solution is to completely replace the inner circle on the board. I have seen no sign that a compromise will work.

They wrote the clubhouse resolution to exclude residential input for a reason. Al Morin told me he did not want to update a 5 year old survey to allow new members an opportunity to speak up for what they wanted in the community. These people want to make all the decisions. I do not see them relinquishing their stranglehold and restoring our rights as residents. Any talk that they will is only hot air escaping. They just don’t understand, IT IS NOT THEIR MONEY.

I look forward to the day when more positive communication can be put on this blog. If we get control of our community back, we probably won’t need a blog to tell residents what’s going on. A good board will do that as part of their normal business.

Ralph Splawski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home